This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms under which you may access our Site and Services and applies as soon as you access the Site. Some capitalized terms in this document are defined in our Terms of Service. We may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. We recommend checking this page regularly.
You may only use your RemotePass Account to send and receive funds for Contractor Services. In addition, there are certain things you cannot do on our Site or with our Services. There are also restrictions on the types of Contractor Services that can be offered and/or accepted on the Site and paid for through your RemotePass Account. These are “Prohibited Activities” and specific types of them are listed below, but this list is representative, not exhaustive.
By using the Site, Services or by maintaining a RemotePass Account, orby entering into a Contractor Agreement, or by soliciting, offering or performing Contractor Services, you confirm that you will not engage in the following Prohibited Activities:
- Unlawful Activity: Activity which would violate, or assist in violation of, any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or sanctions programs administered in the countries where the RemotePass or any User conducts business, including but not limited to the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), or that would involve proceeds of any unlawful activity; the publishing, distribution or dissemination of any unlawful material or information; and expressing an unlawful preference in a job post or proposal or otherwise that would unlawfully discriminate against a protected class.
- Fraudulent or Misleading Activity: Activity that operates to defraud RemotePass , or any other User or person, including providing any false, inaccurate, or misleading information to RemotePass or anyone else, including:
- Activity that is Abusive to Users or Third Parities: Activity that interferes with another individual’s or entity’s access to or use of any Services; defaming, abusing, extorting, harassing, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating or infringing upon the legal rights (such as rights of privacy, publicity and intellectual property) of others; inciting, threatening, facilitating, promoting, or encouraging hate, racial intolerance, or violent acts against others, including protected classes; harvesting or otherwise collecting information from the Site about others, including without limitation email addresses, without proper consent; spamming other Users with proposals or invitations, including by making unsolicited contact of Users off the Site; requesting or demanding free services, including requesting that Contractors to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money; posting contests; attempting to or actually manipulating or misusing the Site’s feedback system.
- Intellectual Property Infringement: Engaging in transactions or activities involving the infringement or violation of any or anyones’ copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the law, including but not limited to sales, distribution, or access to counterfeit music, movies, goods, software, or other licensed materials without the appropriate authorization from the rights holder; using RemotePass’ intellectual property, name, or logo, including usingRemotePass’ trade or service marks, without written consent from RemotePass orin a manner that otherwise harms RemotePass or its brand; any action that implies an untrue endorsement by or affiliation with RemotePass or any activity that would violate (a) the RemotePass Terms of Service, (b) the terms of service of another website or any similar contractual obligations, or (c) the academic policies of any educational institution.
- Interfering with the Site: By passing or attempting to bypass security measures or restricted access to the Site; service overload attacks; attempting to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site; using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose; attempting to or interfering with or compromising the system integrity or security or deciphering any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site; collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information from the Site; introducing any invalid data, virus, worm, or other harmful or malicious software code, agent, hidden procedure, routine, or mechanism through or to the Site that is designed to or known to cause to cease functioning, disrupt, disable, harm, or otherwise impair in any manner.
You confirm that you will not use the Site, Services, or enter into or solicit any Contractor Agreement or Contractor Services in connection with any of following businesses, activities, practices, or items:
- Gambling: Lotteries; bidding fee auctions; sports forecasting or odds making; fantasy sports leagues with cash prizes; internet gaming; contests; sweepstakes; games of chance;
- Counterfeit or Unauthorized Goods: Unauthorized sale or resale of brand name or designer products or services; sale of goods or services that are illegally imported or exported or which are stolen;
- Misleading Content: The creation, publication, or distribution of “fake news”, “hoax news”, Deep Fake content or similar content, which is intended to mislead recipients for personal, financial, political or other gain or advantage;
- Regulated Products and Services: Marijuana dispensaries and related businesses; sale of tobacco, e-cigarettes, and e-liquid; online prescription or pharmaceutical services; age restricted goods or services; weapons and munitions; gunpowder and other explosives; fireworks and related goods; toxic, flammable, and radioactive materials; other products and services with varying legal status on a state-by-state basis;
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia: Sale of narcotics, controlled substances, and any equipment designed for making or using drugs, such as bongs, vaporizers, and hookahs; and the sale of a legal substance that provides the same effect as an illegal drug;
- Pseudo-Pharmaceuticals or Drugs: Pharmaceuticals and other products that make health claims that have not been approved or verified by the applicable local and/or national regulatory body;
- Certain Financial Services/InvestmentOpportunities/Multi-level Marketing: Securities brokers; mortgage consulting or debt reduction services; credit counseling or repair; real estate opportunities; investment schemes, check cashing, bail bonds; collections agencies; investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards; sale or resale of a service without added benefit to the buyer; resale of government offerings without authorization or added value; sites that we determine in our sole discretion to be unfair, deceptive, or predatory towards consumers; pyramid schemes, network marketing, and referral marketing programs;
- Adult Content and Services: Pornography and other obscene materials (including literature, imagery and other media); sites offering any sexually-related services such as prostitution, escorts, pay-per view, adult live chat features;
- High risk businesses: any businesses that we believe poses elevated financial risk, legal liability, or violates a Payment Service Provider, card network or bank policy.
Violations and Breaches
RemotePass alone will determine whether there has been a breach or violation of this Acceptable Use Policy. If you violate or breach this Acceptable Use Policy or our Terms of Service, we may: immediately and temporarily or permanently, withdrawal your right to use our Services; suspend or cancel your Contractor Agreement(s) and take such other actions as we consider necessary; immediately and temporarily or permanently remove any posting or material uploaded by you; take legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs on an “all expenses” basis; and/or report and disclose information about the breach or violation to law enforcement authorities.